About

“Perceiving the world as a web of connectedness helps us to overcome the feelings of separation that hold us back and cloud our vision. This connection with all life increases our sense of responsibility for every move, every attitude, allowing us to see clearly that each soul does indeed make a difference to the whole.”
Emma Restall Orr, Druidry

Greetings!

It is the intention of this blog to act as a platform for sharing thoughts, ideas and experiences within the realm of education, but in particular to expand my understanding of the monumental impact of connected education through ICT. I am a strong believer that through globally shared experiences many doors will be opened in ways that, historically, have never been explored before. Through connected learning we truly become free of isolation and become accountable for our choices, actions and attitudes.

Photo 3-10-2014 12 18 05 am (1)

Informally, my name is Amelia Smart. I am a graduate teacher from Flinders University in South Australia, having completed my double degree in Primary Education (R-7) and a Bachelor of Arts majoring in English. I am very passionate about education and the bright future for young Australians as citizens of a global community. To a degree I am still finding my footing in the world of ICT and media, but I am an enthusiastic and fast learner, so with that in mind I move towards building my own Professional Learning Network.

I welcome you to this blog. I hope you take something away from it in some form or other. I expect over time it will become a combination of personal reflection, a collaboration of learning ideas and a forum for me to share and connect with other educators, learners, students and the wider community. Please feel free to leave comments where appropriate, I welcome all feedback, ideas and constructive criticism.

Once again, welcome, and enjoy the journey!

signture